System Software Update Instructions for 360 Systems TSS Servers
using TSS<version>.zip and the included Win32 Disk Imager.
This applies to TSS-3100
Please have your software license key handy during this process.
It should be located on a tag on the top or rear of the server.
Step 1: Obtaining the System Software upgrade image file
1. Download the archive “TSS<version>.zip” from the 360 Systems ftp site.
Our FTP site is ftp.360systems.com
(From a browser this might need to be ftp://ftp.360systems.com).
– The username is 360guest
– The password is 360pass!
– The file is in the folders /SOFTWARE/ISO IMAGES/HD SOFTWARE
2. Unzip the archive to your desktop or other appropriate folder.
Step 2: Create the bootable USB Software upgrade key
1. Insert a blank USB memory key into the computer and make note of the drive letter
it is assigned.
2. Open the extracted folder “TSS<version>.zip” and double click on the
3. If any error messages appear, click ok.
4. In the Win32 Disk Imager window, select the Device letter that corresponds to the
letter of the blank USB key.
*** Warning! This process deletes all information on the drive selected. ***
5. Under Image File section, click on the folder icon and browse to the location of
the files extracted earlier. Select the .img file called
6. Click on the Write button.
Step 3: Update the TSS system software
1. Power off the 360 Systems TSS server
2. Insert the USB key in one of the available slots in the back of the server and
power on the system. The server will automatically boot from the USB key.
3. At the text screen, there are choices for Update, Full Install, and Repair File System. To Update, simply press Enter.
Refer to 360 Systems technical support if you are unsure of the use of the other
-Select Full Install only if you want to remove ALL content and setup files! NOTE: You will need your
software license key after a Full installation.
-Use Repair File system if your system appears to boot normally, but shows no
clips and shows 100% record time available but a very small amount of recording
time available. Repair File system can also be tried if the system appears to
be booting normally (shows the RAID is OK during boot) but then does not run
the server (GUI shows “Server Unavailable”) or does not display the GUI.
If the GUI is not displayed after the repair, check that the boot order in the
system bios starts with SCSI storage controller or 3ware storage controller.
To get to the system BIOS, press the F2 key repeatedly during startup.
4. When finished you will see a DOS prompt. Remove the USB key and allow the
server to boot up.
5. If you have performed a Full installation, you will be prompted to re-enter your software license key.
6. Briefly verify operation of the server, then perform a Start>Shutdown>Shutdown
to power the server off. Press the Power button on the front panel to power