HD MAXX-1200/2470 CHASSIS FAN REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
MAXX-1200HD CHASSIS FAN REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
Caution – Use standard electrical safety and ESD procedures at all times.
- Unplug the power cord
- Remove the 14 screws that secure the top cover.
- Remove the top cover.
- Unplug the two chassis fans.
- Depress silver latch and disconnect RAID cable.
- Move RAID cable aside to provide room to remove fan.
- Note the orientation of the fans for re-installation. Remove fans from chassis by gently pulling on them until the rubber fan mounts pop out of the mounting holes.
- If any of the rubber fan mounts do not come out with the fan, remove them from the chassis.
- Install fans into chassis by pushing rubber mounts through holes in chassis with a side to side motion.
- Push bottom corners and move the fan side to side to work rubber nubs through holes in chassis.
- Check to make sure lower nubs made it all the way through holes in the chassis.
- Repeat process for top corners.
- When the fan is properly seated, there will be no gaps between the metal of the chassis and the rubber disc of the mount.
- Note the orientation of the fans:
- Reconnect RAID cable to RAID controller.
- Plug in the two chassis fans.
- Replace the top cover and install the 14 screws.